- Federal partners
- Selection process
- Regional evaluator organizations
The Prime Minister's Awards for Excellence in Early Childhood Education is supported by the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada, Public Health Agency of Canada and Indigenous Services Canada.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) recognizes the critical role that well trained and professional early childhood educators play in providing quality early childhood education and care programs and services. The contributions of Canada's early childhood educators to the development of young children are celebrated through the Prime Minister's Awards for Excellence in Early Childhood Education. ESDC is pleased to partner with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Indigenous Services Canada in the administration of this prestigious award.
The program has recruited over 120 volunteer regional evaluators from post-secondary institutions, business organizations, early childhood education associations, and parent organizations.
Regional evaluators are all volunteers who give their valuable time and expertise at no cost to the program. The PMA program could not function without the generous support of our volunteer evaluators.
Regional evaluator organizations
- Algonquin College
- College of the North Atlantic
- New Brunswick Community College
- Northern College
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- University of British Columbia
- Vanier College
Early childhood education associations and other related organizations
- A Child's Garden (no website)
- Adamson Educational Services Inc., Douglas Park Community Preschool and Child Care (no website)
- Alberta Association for the Accreditation for Early Learning and Care Services
- Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
- Annie Martin, IDL (no website)
- Association of Early Childhood Educators of Newfoundland and Labrador
- British Colombia Aboriginal Child Care Society
- Centre de la petite enfance Les Frimousses de la vallée (French only)
- Durham District School Board
- Garderie Plein Soleil (no website)
- Good Spirit School Division
- Inspired by Wonder Inc.
- Isabella Walton Childcare Centre
- Kathleen Flanagan & Associates Inc. (no website)
- Lexie's Little Bears Day Care
- Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Province of New Brunswick — Education and Early Childhood Development
- Qualicum First Nation (no website)
- School District #70
- Seneca Lab School
- Simon Fraser University Childcare Society
- St. James-Assiniboia Montessori Association Inc.
- Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre
- Ultimate School Agers
- Date modified: