Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 1998 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Centennial Regional High School
Principal: Len Davis
Grades/Subjects Taught: Secondary moral and religious education, math, reading and computer science
- Include awareness of values and morals when teaching problem-solving and decision-making. "Many decisions have a values dimension."
- Explore values as an important part of the educational process, particularly in a multicultural milieu.
Developed Moral and Religious Education Toolkit, an interactive multimedia CD-ROM of educational materials suitable for Protestant, Catholic or secular moral and religious education (MRE) programs:
- serves as a valuable pedagogical tool for MRE teachers, who frequently have little training or expertise in this area, and struggle to locate suitable instructional material
- contains innovative, creative lesson plans, notes, learning activities and test questions designed or compiled from a wide range of sources, the manuscript of an MRE textbook, and list of MRE-related websites
- distributed 85 copies at cost throughout Quebec to school boards and private schools; led workshops and presentations to educators.
Involved students in creating this successful product: locating websites, developing artwork, desktop publishing, creating video clips. Work led to launch of web page competition and developed class computer experts.