Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Year: 2001 – Province: British Columbia
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
Dan Craven , Dave Stewart
School: Kwalikum Secondary School
266 Village Way
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia V9K 1T3
Principal: Darryl Craig
School Telephone: 250-752-5651
School Fax: 250-752-8604
School Website: kss.novell.sd69.bc.ca/
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 9-12, choral music, vocal jazz, band, stage band, jazz band, guitar, visual arts, media
- A community interest and appreciation for music program and performances will help maintain community support and funding.
- Develop a network of opportunities and connections to support the program and bring constructive feedback to the performers.
Team shares its musical expertise with a growing enrolment of excited musical students.
- Designed and implemented a blended course of band and social studies so that musical instruction can take place all year long in a semestered school.
- Also instituted several music bands and ensembles within music program at school.
- Band experience not only teaches musical and performing expertise but also develops valuable social skills in teamwork, organization, responsibility and leadership as students fundraise and plan concerts and trips.
- Band students tend also to participate in policy, programming and other discussions at the school.
Key to students' success is early involvement in music program and training. The teacher team works with middle level feeder schools to identify potential students and advertise the music program available at Kwalicum. Senior secondary students also work with and mentor middle school students.
Their philosophies of excelling and having fun at the same time have always been appreciated and their energetic personalities are amazing. They do nothing but motivate and encourage us to do the best we can and love every minute of what we do. Student
Their tireless dedication to their charges, their tremendous personal commitments to music and what I can add to people's lives and their innovative spirits constantly challenge their charges to soar with their music . . . and soar they do. Fellow teacher
- Date modified: