Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2002 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
Ben Tran , Nick Tran
School: J. S. Woodsworth Senior Public School
120 Sedgemount Drive
Scarborough, Ontario M1H 1X9
Principal: Michael Brown
School Telephone: 416-396-6370
School Fax: 416-396-6718
School Website: home.ca.inter.net/~woodsworth
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 7-8, languages arts, social studies, mathematics, information and communications technology studies
- Inspire students and fellow staff members to explore new areas of knowledge and expression. Lead by example.
- Use the teaching potential of information and communications technology (ICT) to its fullest.
Assembled state-of-the-art ICT facilities allowing integration of information and communications technology across the curriculum:
- established an animation studio using donated Amiga computers; animations are put on video and used in math, science, industrial arts, history and geography classes
- created a broadcast centre with digital video-editing equipment, allowing students to document special events and broadcast them through cable to all classrooms
- developed a lab devoted to 3-D animation, graphics and Web design, used to teach media and media literacy programs
- initiated and implemented a regional ICT resource centre for students and staff from neighbouring schools, offered mentoring and professional development to fellow teachers.
Fostered community action in multicultural understanding, anti-racism and anti-bullying. Students created high-quality videos, shown at monthly video festivals, and a virtual tour of the school.
"These two teachers are role models for all educators to emulate and they have only started on their professional careers." Principal
"Being able to learn different subjects through the use of technology has made school an exciting place for me to come to every day." Student