Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2006 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Excellence Recipient
School: McMurrich Junior Public School
115 Winona Drive
Principal: Claude Norville
School Telephone: 416-393-1770
School Fax: 416-393-1765
School Website: http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/mcmurrich/mcmurrich.html
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 3, 5, 6, Mathematics, Language Arts, Social Studies
- Demonstrates a remarkable level of enthusiasm, creativity and skill in supporting students, parents and colleagues.
- Communication and Information Technology is used to facilitate group learning. Students are encouraged to use internet accounts to distribute and receive class projects, assignments and tests.
- Creates an authentic learning environment by seeking out new opportunities through partnerships with businesses and parents in the local community.
- Able to meet the social and emotional needs of her students and has produced an improved attitude towards school and social situations by her students.
- Participates in numerous professional development sessions and provides in-service support to fellow staff members.
- Ms. Rambaran has been an Academic Services Associate for Information Technology. Her techniques are a part of the Toronto District School Board's curriculum for Elementary School learning.
- Ms. Rambaran led the Junior division in the Ministry of Education Boys' Literacy Teachers Inquiry Work Plan, Action Research Proposal.
- Ms. Rambaran creates partnerships with local businesses to develop programs for her students.
- Ms. Rambaran was asked to assist, organize and implement the "Adopt an Athlete" program as a major fundraising initiative. She has published an article in the Toronto District School Board promoting "Adopt an Athlete."
"Mrs. Rambaran demonstrates the highest level of professional commitment and competency in her work with students and colleagues. She goes well beyond the call of duty in sharing her expertise and passion for teaching and learning. I am very proud of her work and commitment to student success."
- Superintendent of Education
"When working with students, her teaching style was always positive, interactive, dynamic, fun and respectful while maintaining competent and consistent classroom management skills. It was apparent that she understood the necessity to be sensitive to each student's individual stage of development and provided educational challenges for all levels of learning enjoyment." - Principal
"Our son is very shy and rather than see this as an impediment to his success in school, Ms. Rambaran helped Andrew to understand that what he thought and had to say was important even though not everyone understood his perspective. Her constant feedback created a secure environment in which Andrew felt safe enough to express his own ideas." - Parent