Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Year: 2008 – Province: Alberta
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: W.H. Cushing
130-7 Avenue SW
Principal: Florence Langridge
School Telephone: 403-777-8900
School Fax: 403-777-8902
School Email: email@example.com
School Website: www.cbe.ab.ca/b387
Subjects and Grades Taught: Literacy and integrated studies for children in Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Establish a strong literacy-focused foundation for learning to set students on a path to success.
- Take advantage of the opportunities the alliance between the school and Telus presents to enhance the sense of community for students and parents to enrich students' learning experiences.
- Every student who receives literacy support from Ms. Halbert makes gains over the year. The students who completed the program in 2006-2007 all met provincial standards for reading.
- Embraces new technology and constantly seeks ways to use it to enhance student learning. Powerpoint, iTalk, iPod, digital cameras, laptops, SmartBoard and the Internet are among the tools she uses.
- Formed partnership between the school and Enmax Corporation, an Alberta-based energy company, that brought financial support to the school.
"Robin has developed an effective personal teaching style that engages, motivates and inspires her students. Whether through small group reading work or her involvement in the classrooms during integrated studies, her love of learning is contagious." Letter from group of colleagues
"Robin has created a safe place for our daughter to express herself, and be more confident to practice and improve her reading and writing." Parents
- Date modified: