Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2009 – Province: Québec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
1000, boulevard de l'Avenir
Laval, Québec H7N 6J6
Grades and subject: Secondary 5, French
Although Évelyne Lussier has only been a teacher for 5 years, she has definitely left her mark on the world of education thanks to her intelligence, her discipline, her determination and her team spirit. These same qualities are no doubt what make her such an accomplished athlete. An elite amateur golfer, she came in 5th at the women's provincial 2008 Ordre de mérite de Golf Québec.
- Puts a strong focus on personalized teaching and monitoring. She does daily reviews with all of her students to make sure they have what they need: encouragement, attention, praise, as well as honest but constructive criticism.
- Initiates many curricular and extracurricular projects to make her students realize the distinct advantages of mastering the French language.
- In only 5 years of teaching, Évelyne has changed how French is taught at the College. She firmly believes that expressing oneself well leads to success, and conveys this principle to her students by helping them to continually update their knowledge. She created an optional communications and journalism course that brings together over 20 students who work on such projects as writing and producing radio shows, TV magazines and short films.
- Five years ago, Évelyne trained the writing team of the La Jazette student paper, which won the top award at the Concours québécois en entreprenariat (group projects, Laval region) in 2007. Évelyne's students have also won other awards and distinctions, such as the Governor's Medal for best overall grade average.
- Parents have also benefitted from her generosity when she and two colleagues volunteered to co-run workshops for them on the new French grammar. Over the years, Évelyne has spent many hours volunteering at Sainte-Justine hospital and the non-for-profit Robin des Bois restaurant.
"A disciplined athlete who is motivated, dedicated and hard-working, Évelyne is one of those people who affect the people around them. Her students are fortunate to have such an energetic woman as a teacher. They will long remember her."– Colleague
"Her self-assurance and amazing adaptation skills make it clear that Évelyne knows where she's going. She has incredible academic and teaching expertise." Friend/colleague