Welcome to IC's Strategic Environmental Assessment website. This site provides a user-friendly means to understand and complete our Department's Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA). The SEA responds to the 2004 Cabinet Directive on the Environmental Assessment of Policy, Plan and Program Proposals.
The Cabinet Directive requires that:
- SEA's are applied
to all departmental policy, programs and plans submitted to the Minister or
- SEA's should also be completed on any other important activity,
strategy or project which has significant environmental implications or is
of concern to the public, and on which Ministerial approval is sought; and,
- The Department prepare public statements when detailed SEA's are completed.
By conducting SEA's, the department will be better positioned to anticipate and avoid negative environmental impacts, and optimize the positive environmental effects of our policies, programs and plans.
This website allows you:
- to obtain background information on SEA;
- to download the user-friendly questionnaire which provides guidance to prepare an SEA and,
- to link to other websites related to SEA's.
- Date modified: