Professional Radio Operator Certificates
In October 2010, Industry Canada opened a new centralized Radio Operator Certificate Service Centre. The Centre is intended to streamline and improve the delivery of Professional Radio Operator Certificates and the Accredited Examiner Program across Canada.
In addition, a new website was recently launched, which provides an accredited examiner search option for the Restricted Operator Certificate - Aeronautical (ROC-A) and includes a current list of accredited institutions for the training and assessment for the Restricted Operator Certificate - Maritime Commercial (ROC-MC) and the General Operator Certificate (GOC). This website, which can be found at www.ic.gc.ca/radio-operator, also offers various online application forms for accredited examiners and radio certificate holders.
The above-mentioned Centre provides the following services:
- receives and processes applications for an Operator Certificate;
- issues Professional Radio Operator Certificates;
- revalidates and issues replacement certificates;
- manages the Accredited Examiner/Institute Program; and
- responds to examiner and general public enquiries.
The types of Professional Radio Operator Certificates issued by the Centre are:
- Restricted Operator Certificate - Aeronautical (ROC-A);
- Restricted Operator Certificate - Maritime Commercial (ROC-MC); and
- General Operator Certificate (GOC).
Note: The Restricted Operator Certificate - Maritime (ROC-M) was delegated to the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons in 2000.
The contact information for the Centre is:
Radio Operator Certificate Service Centre
2 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 1Y3
Telephone: 1-877-604-7493 or 705-941-2001
Fax: 1-877-604-7491 or 705-941-4607
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- RIC-16 - Professional Radio Operator Certificates
Issue 3, January 2008
- RIC-20 — Guide for Examiners Conducting Examinations for the Radiotelephone Operator's Restricted Certificate (Aeronautical) is currently under revision. Please contact the Radio Operator Certificate Service Centre for all enquiries
- RIC-21 - Study Guide for the Restricted Operator Certificate With Aeronautical Qualification
Issue 3, February 2010
- RIC-25 - Syllabus for the Restricted Operator's Certificate - Maritime Commercial (ROC-MC)
Issue 3, January 2008
- RIC-26 - Syllabus for the General Operator Certificate (GOC)
Issue 5, January 2008
Updated November 2008
- RIC-66 - Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Regional and District Offices
- RBR-2 - Regulation by Reference 2, Technical Requirements for the Operation of Mobile Stations in the Maritime Service (formerly RIC-13)
Issue 1, September 2007
RIC-22 - General Radio Operating Procedures
Issue 4, January 2008
Issue 2, November 2009
- Date modified: