Archived — Notice No. SMSE-005-96
Date of Publication: 24 Aug. 1996
Notice No. SMSE-005-96
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following documents on radio equipment:
- RSS-119 Issue 5: "Land mobile and fixed radio transmitters and receivers, 27.41 to 960 MHz".
- RSS-125 Issue 2: "Land mobile and fixed radio transmitters and receivers, 1.705 to 50.0 MHz", primarily amplitude modulated.
- RSS-134 Issue 1 (Provisional): "900 MHz narrowband personal communication service".
- RSS-187 Issue 3: "Emergency position indicating radio beacons, emergency locator transmitters and personal locator beacons".
- RSS-188 Issue 1 (Provisional): "Global maritime distress and safety system (GMDSS)".
- RSP-100 Issue 7: "Radio equipment certification procedure".
- Amendment #2 to RSS-118, Issue 2: "Land and subscriber stations: Voice, data, and tone modulated, angle modulation radiotelephone transmitters and receivers operating in the cellular mobile bands 824-849 MHz and 869-894 MHz".
- Amendments to RSS-128 Issue 1 (Provisional): "800 MHz Dual-mode Cellular Telephones".
- Amendments to RSS-129 Issue 1 (Provisional): "800 MHz Dual-mode CDMA Cellular Telephones".
In addition, notice is also hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following Standard Radio System Plan:
SRSP-509 Issue 1: "Technical requirements for narrowband personal communications services in the bands 901-902 MHz, 930-931 MHz and 940-941 MHz".
The electronic version of these documents is available at the Internet WWW address:
These documents are effective as of this date. Interested parties may submit comments on the documents to the:
300 Slater Street
within four months of the date of publication of this notice. All representations must cite the Canada Gazette Part I, publication date, and the Notice reference number. Any comments received will be taken into account following which a new issue may be published.
All written comments received in response to this notice will be available for public viewing during normal business hours at the Industry Canada library, 2nd floor, Journal South tower, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, or from one of Industry Canada offices in Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Moncton, for a period of 12 months from the date of receipt of the comments.
Dated at Ottawa, this 13th day of August 1996.
Acting Director General
- Date modified: