RSS-170 — Mobile Earth Stations and Ancillary Terrestrial Component Equipment Operating in the Mobile-Satellite Service Bands
Issue 2, March 2011
Spectrum Management and Telecommunications
Radio Standards Specifications
Note: Modifications were made to Section 188.8.131.52 in May 2011
Radio Standards Specification RSS-170, Issue 2, Mobile Earth Station and Ancillary Terrestrial Component Equipment Operating in the Mobile-Satellite Service Bands, replaces RSS-170, Issue 1, Satellite Mobile Earth Stations, dated November 6, 1999.
This document will be in force as of the publication date of Canada Gazette notice SMSE-004-11 in the Canada Gazette, Part I. Upon publication, the public has 120 days to submit comments. These comments will be taken into account in the preparation of the next version of the document.
Listed below are the changes:
- The document title has been changed from "Satellite Mobile Earth Stations" to "Mobile Earth Station and Ancillary Terrestrial Component Equipment Operating in the Mobile-Satellite Service Bands".
- Requirements for Ancillary Terrestrial Components (ATC) equipment operating in certain frequency bands have been added.
- Requirements for mobile earth station equipment operating in the frequency bands 399.9—400.05/400.15—401 MHz and 2000–2020/2180—2200 MHz have been added.
- The unwanted emission and frequency stability limits have been revised to apply to all types of equipment. As a consequence, all annexes in RSS-170, Issue 1, which applied to specific types of equipment have been removed.
- General reformatting and transfer to RSS-Gen of material common to most RSS.
- The Related Documents section has been updated.
- The requirement that RSS-Gen, General Requirements and Information for the Certification of Radiocommunication Equipment, be used in conjunction with this standard is stated.
- The terms "transmit frequencies" and "receive frequencies" have replaced the term "uplink band" and "downlink band".
- The spurious emission limits, using the conducted measurement method, has been revised to be harmonized with the limits specified in RSS-Gen.
Issued under the authority of
the Minister of Industry
Engineering, Planning and Standards Branch
Table of Contents
- General Information
- General Requirements
- Certification Requirements
- Transmitter and Receiver Standard Specifications
Email to a Friend
- Date modified: