Archived — Notice No. SMSE-004-02
Department of Industry
Notice No. SMSE-004-02 — New Release of RSS-132 and Amendments to RSS-142 and RSS-191
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing Radio Standards Specification 132 (RSS-132), which sets out the minimum requirements for the certification of cellular equipment that use new technologies in the 824-849 MHz and 869-894 MHz paired frequency bands. This new RSS is:
- Radio Standards Specifications 132 (RSS-132), Issue 1 (Provisional), 800 MHz Cellular Telephones Employing New Technologies.
- It should be noted that the certification of AMPS, TDMA and CDMA cellular equipment in the 800 MHz band is still covered in RSS -118, RSS-128 and RSS -129, respectively.
Notice is also given that Industry Canada is amending Radio Standards Specification 142 (RSS-142), which sets out minimum requirements for the certification of radio transmitters and receivers of Narrowband Multipoint Communication Systems (MCS), including automatic meter reading (AMR), in the 1427-1430 MHz and 1493.5-1496.5 MHz bands. The amended version is:
- Radio Standards Specification 142 (RSS-142), Issue 2 (Provisional), Narrowband Multipoint Communication Systems in the 1427-1430 MHz and 1493.5-1496.5 MHz Bands.
Notice is also given that Industry Canada is amending Radio Standards Specification 191 (RSS-191), which sets out minimum requirements for the certification of radio transmitters and receivers for Local Multipoint Communication Systems (LMCS) in the 28 GHzband (25.35-28.35 GHz), and Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint Broadband Communication Systems in the 24 GHz (24.25-24.45 GHz and 25.05-25.25 GHz) and 38 GHz (38.6-40.0 GHz) bands. The amended version is:
- Radio Standards Specification 191 (RSS-191), Issue 2 (Provisional), Local Multipoint Communication Systems in the 28 GHz Band; Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint Broadband Communication Systems in the 24 GHz and 38 GHz Bands.
All of the above-mentioned documents will come into force as of the date of publication of this notice.
Each document contains in its preface, a general description of its content, as well as an outline of the main changes, as appropriate.
These documents have been coordinated with the Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC).
The Radio Equipment Technical Standards Lists will be amended to reflect the above change.
Interested parties may submit comments on these documents to the Director General, Spectrum Engineering, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Canada K1A 0C8, within 90 days of the date of publication of this notice. All representations must cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title and the notice reference number. Comments should preferably be submitted in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to facilitate posting on the Department's Web site. Documents submitted should be sent with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Comments received will be considered and if necessary, a new issue or revised version of the current issue of the relevant document may be developed.
Shortly after the close of the comment period, comments received, if any, will be posted on Industry Canada's Web site: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Note that the above-mentioned documents and the Radio Equipment Technical Standards (Lists) are also available on the same Web site.
Any inquiries regarding this notice should be directed to the Manager, Radio Equipment Standards, telephone: 613-990-4699, fax: 613-991-3961, e-mail: email@example.com
Paper copies of the documents are available, for a fee, from:
- St. Joseph Print Group Inc.
- 1165 Kenaston Street P.O. Box 9809, Station T Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6S1
- Phone Number:
- Toll free number:
- Date modified: