Archived — Gazette Notice No. SMSE-002-03 - Changes in Procedures for Conformity Assessment Bodies
Department of Industry
Telecommunications and Radiocommunication Acts
Notice No. SMSE-002-03 — Changes in Procedures for Conformity Assessment Bodies
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following documents:
- Issue 2 of the Recognition Criteria, and Administrative and Operational Requirements Applicable to Certification Bodies for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications (CB-02-02);
- Issue 2 of the Procedure for the Designation of Canadian Certification Bodies by Industry Canada (DES-CB);
- Issue 4 of the Procedure for Designation and Recognition of Canadian Testing Laboratories by Industry Canada (DES-LAB(E));
- Issue 4 of the Procedure for the Accreditation of Testing Laboratories by Industry Canada (ACC-LAB(E)); and
- Issue 3 of the Procedure for the Recognition of Designated Foreign Testing Laboratories by Industry Canada (REC-LAB(E)).
These documents are effective upon publication of this notice.
Changes in CB-02-02, Issue 2, include:
- The introduction of an Assessment Checklist for Certification Bodies (Appendix I);
- The splitting of the scope of accreditation to include scope (A) Radio - All Radio Standards Specifications (RSS) in Category I Equipment Standards List, and scope (B) Broadcasting - All Broadcasting Equipment Technical Standards (BETS) in Category I Equipment Standards List; and
- Clarification of requirements on subcontracting, use of recognized testing laboratories and listing of certification by Industry Canada in the Radio Equipment List.
The testing laboratory procedures DES-LAB(E), ACC-LAB(E), REC-LAB(E) and DES-CB have been modified to reflect the changes in CB-02 and to take into account the recognition of testing laboratories for radio apparatus standards in order to assist certification bodies in maintaining their expertise.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days from the date of publication of this Notice. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Deputy Director, Telecommunication Engineering and Certification, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, title, and notice reference number (SMSE-002-03).
To Obtain Copies
Copies are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Paper copies can be obtained for a fee from:
Joseph Print Group Inc.
1165 Kenaston Street
P.O. Box 9809, Station T
Phone Number: 613-746-4005
Toll free number: 1-888-562-5561
April 3, 2003
Spectrum Engineering Branch
- Date modified: