Archived — Gazette Notice SMSE-003-05
Notice No. SMSE-003-05 — DC-01, Issue 1 Amendment No. 4
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing amendment No. 4 to Issue 1 of the Procedure for Declaration of Conformity and Registration of Terminal Equipment (DC-01). This amendment includes the following changes:
- Section 4.1 - Added Web site address of applicable technical requirements.
- Section 5.2 - Clarified that registration of terminal equipment and notification of certification of radio equipment for hybrid equipment have to take place at the same time.
- Section 6 - Title was changed to include the word "Registration".
- Section 6.4.4 - Clarified the type of terminal equipment that is subject to the Ringer Equivalence Number requirements.
- Section 6.5 - The title was changed to Registration of Terminal Equipment Subject to a Declaration of Conformity. This section was changed to include information on the electronic filing option, family of product option and transfer of ownership.
- New Section 6.6 to address modification to terminal equipment.
- New Section 10 contains the conditions to maintaining registration.
- Appendix II, Registration Request, was removed. However, the form will continue to be available at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ceb-bhst.nsf/eng/h_tt00029e.html for those who choose not to use the electronic filing approach.
- Appendix I (Declaration of Conformity for Terminal Equipment) and Appendix II (Check List for Terminal Equipment Registration) which was formerly Appendix III, were updated to reflect changes discussed above.
Amendment 4 to Issue 1 of DC-01 will come into effect upon publication of this notice.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days of the date of publication of this notice. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/home.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Chairman of the Deputy Director, Telecommunication Engineering and Certification, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, KIA 0C8. All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, title, and notice reference number (SMSE-003-5).
Copies of this notice and the document referred to are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site.
Official printed copies of gazette notices can be obtained from the Canada Gazette Web site at: www.gazette.gc.ca/index-eng.html or by calling the sales counter of Canadian Government Publishing at 819-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
January 24, 2005
Spectrum Engineering Branch
- Date modified: