Archived — Gazette Notice SMSE-001-07
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Department of Industry
Notice No. SMSE-001-07 - New Issues of RSS-Gen, RSS-210, RSS-310 and RSP-100 and the Withdrawal of RSS-130 and RSS-212
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is amending the following documents:
- Radio Standards Specification Gen (RSS-Gen), which comprises all testing, administrative, certification and general technical requirements common to all or most Radio Standards Specifications;
- Radio Standards Specification 210 (RSS-210), which sets out certification requirements for low-power licence-exempt radiocommunication devices that are Category I equipment;
- Radio Standards Specification 310 (RSS-310), which sets out requirements for low-power licence-exempt Category II radiocommunication devices (i.e. devices not requiring certification); and
- Radio Standards Procedure 100 (RSP-100), which describes the procedure for obtaining Industry Canada certification of radiocommunication equipment.
These new issues are:
- Radio Standards Specification Gen, Issue 2: General Requirements and Information for the Certification of Radiocommunication Equipment;
- Radio Standards Specification 210, Issue 7: Low-power Licence-exempt Radiocommunication Devices (All Frequency Bands): Category I Equipment;
- Radio Standards Specification 310, Issue 2: Low-power Licence-exempt Radiocommunication Devices (All Frequency Bands): Category II Equipment; and
- Radio Standards Procedure 100, Issue 9: Radio Equipment Certification Procedure.
The above documents were updated to reflect new changes in equipment and certification requirements.
Withdrawal of Radio Standards Specifications RSS-130 and RSS-212
Notice is also given that Industry Canada is withdrawing the following documents:
- Radio Standards Specification 130: Digital Cordless Telephones in the Band 944 to 948.5 MHz; and
- Radio Standards Specification 212: Test Facilities and Test Methods for Radio Equipment.
RSS-130 is rescinded as a result of an Industry Canada policy directive (SP-944, July 1998) according to which the band 944-952 MHz is no longer designated for digital cordless telephone usage.
RSS-212 is rescinded because its contents have been incorporated into RSS-Gen.
The documents RSS-Gen, Issue 2, RSS-210, Issue 7, RSS-310, Issue 2 and RSP-100, Issue 9 will come into force as of the date of publication of this notice. The documents RSS-130 and RSS-212 will cease to be in force as of the date of publication of this notice.
These documents have been coordinated with industry through the Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC).
The Radio Equipment Technical Standards Lists will be amended to reflect the above changes.
Any inquiries regarding this notice should be directed to the Manager, Radio Equipment Standards, telephone: 613-990-4699, fax: 613-991-3961, email: email@example.com.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 120 days of the date of publication of this notice. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Director General, Spectrum Engineering, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Canada K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, publication date, the title, and the notice reference number (SMSE-001-07).
Copies of this notice and documents referred to are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed on the Canada Gazette website at: www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html. Printed copies of the notices can be ordered by calling the sales counter of Canadian Government Publishing at 613-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
June 9, 2007
- Date modified: