Archived—Gazette Notice SMSE-005-07
Department of Industry
Telecommunications and Radiocommunication Acts
Notice No. SMSE-005-07 - Amendment to Procedures CB-01, CB-02, CB-03, DC-01 and Self Marking
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following amendments:
- CB-01, Issue 2: Requirements for Certification Bodies. This amendment includes:
- Clarifications to the procedural requirements for obtaining the Department's recognition (Sections 5.1-2);
- Changes to the contact information in Section 3.1 and Appendix I;
- Editorial changes and addition of new criteria to Appendix II resulting from the amendment to CB-02.
- CB-02, Issue 3: Recognition Criteria, and Administrative and Operational Requirements Applicable to Certification Bodies for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications. This amendment includes:
- The replacement of the Assessment Guidance document in Appendix I by a Cross Reference Checklist;
- Addition of a new accreditation requirement (Section 5.1.1);
- Removal of the recognition requirement for testing facilities having contractual arrangements with Certification Bodies (Section 5.3.1);
- Clarification to Section 5.1: Accreditation Requirements;
- Clarifications to the administrative and operational requirements of Certification Bodies (Section 6.1.1);
- Changes to the auditing and notification requirements for Certification Bodies (Sections 6.2.4 and 6.4.1-2).
- CB-03, Issue 2: Requirements for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications. This amendment includes:
- Pointers to Radio Standards Procedure 100, Radio Equipment Certification Procedure (RSP 100) for requirements related to the certification of radio equipment;
- Removal of requirements already covered in RSP-100. This includes the removal of the following requirements:
- Certification requirements for broadcasting and radiocommunication equipment (Sections 5.2 and 5.3);
- Certification number format (Section 6.);
- Testing and technical brief (Section 8.); and
- Audit requirements (Sections 10.1-3)
- Removal of Annex I; and
- Changes to the contact information in Section 4.
Note: Changes made to RSP-100 will also impact certification requirements for Certification Bodies. For more details on changes made to RSP-100 please see Canada Gazette notice SMSE-001-07.
- DC-01, Issue 2: Procedure for Declaration of Conformity and Registration of Terminal Equipment. This amendment includes:
- Addition of a statement encouraging suppliers to provide notices/user information in both official languages (Section 3.2);
- Addition of marking requirements details (Section 6.4);
- Increase in the size of the UPN field from 8 to 11 characters (Section 6.4.3);
- Addition of a statement prohibiting the use of "wild card" characters (Section 6.4.3);
- Clarifications and editorial changes to the concepts of Family of Products, Multiple Listing, Transfer of Ownership and Modification of Terminal Equipment (Sections 6.6-9); and
- Editorial changes to Appendix I and Appendix II.
- Self-Marking, Issue 3: Self-Marking of the Certification/Registration Number on Terminal Equipment Application, Procedure and Agreement. This amendment includes:
- Addition of marking requirements details (Section 6.(a));
- Increase in the size of the UPN field from 8 to 11 characters (Section 6.(d));
- Addition of a statement prohibiting the use of "wild card" characters (Section 6.(f)).
These issues will come into effect upon publication of this notice.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days of the date of publication of this notice. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Acting Deputy Director, Telecommunications Engineering and Certification, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title, and the notice reference number (SMSE-005-07).
Copies of this notice and the document referred to are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed on the Canada Gazette website at: www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html or by calling the sales counter of Canadian Government Publishing at 613-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
March 29, 2007
Spectrum Engineering Branch
- Date modified: