Archived—Gazette Notice SMSE-010-07
Department of Industry
Notice No. SMSE-010-07 — Amendment to Procedures CB-01, CB-02 and REC-CB
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following amendments:
CB-01, Issue 3: Requirements for
Certification Bodies. This amendment includes:
- The replacement of the Recognition Requirements Checklist in Appendix II with a Cross Reference Checklist;
- Changes to the contact information in Section 4 and Appendix I; and
- Clarifications to the procedural requirements for obtaining departmental recognition (Section 6.1).
- CB-02, Issue 4: Recognition
Criteria, and Administrative and Operational Requirements Applicable
to Certification Bodies for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to
Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications. This
- The removal of Appendix I, Cross Reference Checklist; and
- Clarification to the notification requirements for certifications performed by CBs (Section 6.4.1).
- REC-CB, Issue 2: Procedure for the
Recognition of Foreign Certification Bodies by Industry
Canada. This amendment includes:
- Addition of Section 3, Related Documents;
- Changes to the contact information in Section 4 and Appendix I;
- The replacement of the Recognition Requirements Checklist in Appendix II by a Cross Reference Checklist; and
- Updates to the requirements of Section 7, Disclosure of Information, and Section 9, Retaining Recognition, to align them with requirements in CB-01.
These issues will come into effect upon publication of this notice.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days of the date of publication of this notice. Shortly after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or ASCII TXT) to the following email address: email@example.com along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Deputy Director, Telecommunications Engineering and Certification, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title, and the notice reference number (SMSE-010-07).
Copies of this notice and the document referred to are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed on the Canada Gazette website at: www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html or by calling the sales counter of Canadian Government Publishing at 613-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
September 20, 2007
Spectrum Engineering Branch
- Date modified: