Local Multipoint Communication Systems (LMCS) in the 28 GHz Range: Policy, Authorization Procedure, and Evaluation Criteria
Appendix B Table 2 Definition of Service Areas
The definition of the service areas was made using Canada Post Corporation’s Forward Sortation Areas (FSA) and associated census information. FSAs are the areas represented by the first three characters of the postal code. There are two types of FSA's: urban and rural. Urban FSAs are served by approximately 25 postal walks. Rural FSAs encompass not more than 199 rural postal offices. Only urban FSAs were considered in the determination of LMCS service areas because the population density of rural FSAs was believed to be too low to render LMCS service economically viable. Their non-inclusion here does not preclude any interested party from applying to provide service in these areas.
Based on the 1991 census information for each FSA, the FSAs were grouped to form service areas. An agglomeration of adjacent FSAs must consist of at least 10 000 households to be considered for an LMCS service area. Two FSAs are considered adjacent if they are separated by less than 8 kilometres.
Graphical representations of the service areas are provided in Appendix E.
|Service Area||Forward Sortation Areas|
|Belleville||K8P, K8R, K8V, K8N|
|Brandon||R7B, R7C, R7A|
|Brantford||N3P, N3R, N3S, N3T, N3V, N3L|
|Calgary||T1Y, T2A, T2B, T2C, T2E, T2G, T2H, T2J, T2K, T2L, T2M, T2N, T2P, T2R, T2S, T2T, T2V, T2W, T2X, T2Y, T2Z, T3A, T3B, T3C, T3E, T3G, T3H, T3J, T3K, T3L, T4A, T4B, T1X|
|Charlottetown||C1A, C1B, C1C, C1E|
|Chicoutimi\Jonquière\Alma||G7G, G7H, G7J, G7K, G7S, G7T, G7X, G7Y, G7Z, G8A, G8B, G8C, G7B|
|Cobourg\Port Hope||L1A, K9A|
|Cornwall||K6J, K6K, K6H|
|Courtenay||V9H, V9J, V9M, V9N, V9W, V9G|
|Drummondville||J2B, J2C, J2E, J2A|
|Edmonton||T5A, T5B, T5C, T5E, T5G, T5H, T5J, T5K, T5L, T5M, T5N, T5P, T5R, T5S, T5T, T5V, T5W, T5X, T5Y, T5Z, T6A, T6B, T6C, T6E, T6G, T6H, T6J, T6K, T6L, T6M, T6N, T6P, T6R, T6S, T6T, T6V, T6W, T6X, T7X, T7Y, T7Z, T8A, T8B, T8C, T8E, T8G, T8H, T8L, T8N, T9E, T4X|
|Fort McMurray||T9J, T9K, T9H|
|Fredericton||E3A, E3B, E3C, E3E, E2V|
|Granby||J2H, J2J, J2G|
|Grande Prairie||T8W, T8X, T8V|
|Guelph/Kitchener||N1E, N1G, N1H, N1J, N1K, N1L, N1P, N1R, N1S, N1T, N2A, N2B, N2C, N2E, N2G, N2H, N2J, N2K, N2L, N2M, N2N, N2P, N2R, N2S, N2T, N2V, N3B, N3C, N3E, N3H, N1C|
|Halifax||B2V, B2W, B2X, B2Y, B2Z, B3A, B3B, B3G, B3H, B3J, B3K, B3L, B3M, B3N, B3P, B3R, B3S, B3T, B4A, B4B, B4C, B4E, B4G, B2T|
|Kamloops||V1S, V2B, V2C, V2E, V2H, V1P|
|Kelowna||V1K, V1T, V1V, V1W, V1X, V1Y, V1Z, V4T, V1B|
|Kingston||K7L, K7M, K7N, K7P, K7K|
|Lethbridge||T1J, T1K, T1M, T1H|
|London\Woodstock\St Thomas||N4T, N4V, N5C, N5L, N5P, N5R, N5V, N5W, N5X, N5Y, N5Z, N6A, N6B, N6C, N6E, N6G, N6H, N6J, N6K, N6L, N6M, N6N, N4S|
|Medicine Hat||T1B, T1C, T1A|
|Moncton||E1B, E1C, E1E, E1G, E1A|
|Montréal||H1B, H1C, H1E, H1G, H1H, H1J, H1K, H1L, H1M, H1N, H1P, H1R, H1S, H1T, H1V, H1W, H1X, H1Y, H1Z, H2A, H2B, H2C, H2E, H2G, H2H, H2J, H2K, H2L, H2M, H2N, H2P, H2R, H2S, H2T, H2V, H2W, H2X, H2Y, H2Z, H3A, H3B, H3C, H3E, H3G, H3H, H3J, H3K, H3L, H3M, H3N, H3P, H3R, H3S, H3T, H3V, H3W, H3X, H3Y, H3Z, H4A, H4B, H4C, H4E, H4G, H4H, H4J, H4K, H4L, H4M, H4N, H4P, H4R, H4S, H4T, H4V, H4W, H4X, H4Y, H4Z, H5A, H5B, H7A, H7B, H7C, H7E, H7G, H7H, H7J, H7K, H7L, H7M, H7N, H7P, H7R, H7S, H7T, H7V, H7W, H7X, H7Y, H8N, H8P, H8R, H8S, H8T, H8Y, H8Z, H9A, H9B, H9C, H9E, H9G, H9H, H9J, H9K, H9P, H9R, H9S, H9W, H9X, J2W, J2X, J2Y, J3A, J3B, J3E, J3G, J3H, J3L, J3M, J3N, J3V, J3X, J3Y, J3Z, J4B, J4G, J4H, J4J, J4K, J4L, J4M, J4N, J4P, J4R, J4S, J4T, J4V, J4W, J4X, J4Y, J4Z, J5A, J5R, J5Y, J5Z, J6A, J6J, J6K, J6N, J6R, J6S, J6T, J6V, J6W, J6X, J6Y, J6Z, J7A, J7B, J7C, J7E, J7G, J7H, J7J, J7K, J7L, J7N, J7P, J7R, J7V, J7W, J7Y, J7Z, J8H, H1A|
|Moose Jaw||S6J, S6K, S6H|
|Nanaimo||V9P, V9R, V9S, V9T, V9V, V9Y, V9K|
|Niagara\Ste.Catharines\Welland||L2G, L2H, L2J, L2M, L2N, L2P, L2R, L2S, L2T, L2V, L2W, L3B, L3C, L3K, L2E|
|North Bay||P1B, P1C, P1A|
|Ottawa\Hull||J8M, J8P, J8R, J8T, J8V, J8X, J8Y, J8Z, J9A, J9H, J9J, K1A, K1B, K1C, K1E, K1G, K1H, K1J, K1K, K1L, K1M, K1N, K1P, K1R, K1S, K1T, K1V, K1W, K1Y, K1Z, K2A, K2B, K2C, K2E, K2G, K2H, K2J, K2K, K2L, K2M, K2P, K2R, K2S, K2T, K2V, K2W, K4A, K4B, K4C, K4K, K4M, K4R, K7A, K7C, K7H, J8L|
|Pembroke||K8B, K8C, K8H, K8A|
|Peterborough||K9J, K9K, K9L, K9H|
|Prince Albert||S6W, S6X, S6V|
|Prince George||V2K, V2L, V2M, V2N, V1H|
|Québec||G1B, G1C, G1E, G1G, G1H, G1J, G1K, G1L, G1M, G1N, G1P, G1R, G1S, G1T, G1V, G1W, G1X, G1Y, G2A, G2B, G2C, G2E, G2G, G2J, G2K, G2L, G2M, G2N, G3A, G3E, G3J, G3K, G6C, G6J, G6K, G6V, G6W, G6X, G6Z, G7A, G1A|
|Red Deer||T4P, T4R, T4N|
|Regina||S4N, S4P, S4R, S4S, S4T, S4V, S4W, S4X, S4Y, S4Z, S4L|
|Rimouski||G5M, G5N, G5L|
|Saint John||E2G, E2H, E2J, E2K, E2L, E2M, E2N, E2P, E2R, E2S, E2E|
|Sarnia||N7T, N7V, N7W, N7X, N7S|
|Saskatoon||S7J, S7K, S7L, S7M, S7N, S7P, S7R, S7S, S7T, S7V, S7H|
|Sault Ste Marie||P6B, P6C, P6A|
|Sherbrooke||J1G, J1H, J1J, J1K, J1L, J1M, J1N, J1X, J1E|
|Sydney||B1H, B1L, B1M, B1N, B1P, B1R, B1S, B1V, B2A, B1A|
|Sorel||J3R, J3S, J3P|
|St. John's||A1B, A1C, A1E, A1G, A1K, A1L, A1N, A1S, A1W, A1X, A1A|
|Stratford||N5A, N5B, N4Z|
|Sudbury||P3B, P3C, P3E, P3G, P3L, P3N, P3P, P3Y, P3A|
|Thunder Bay||P7B, P7C, P7E, P7G, P7J, P7A|
|Timmins||P4P, P4R, P4N|
|Toronto\Hamilton\Oshawa||L1C, L1E, L1G, L1H, L1J, L1K, L1L, L1N, L1P, L1R, L1S, L1T, L1V, L1W, L1X, L1Y, L1Z, L3M, L3P, L3R, L3S, L3T, L3X, L3Y, L3Z, L4A, L4B, L4C, L4E, L4G, L4H, L4J, L4K, L4L, L4P, L4S, L4T, L4V, L4W, L4X, L4Y, L4Z, L5A, L5B, L5C, L5E, L5G, L5H, L5J, L5K, L5L, L5M, L5N, L5P, L5R, L5S, L5T, L5V, L5W, L6A, L6B, L6C, L6E, L6G, L6H, L6J, L6K, L6L, L6M, L6R, L6S, L6T, L6V, L6W, L6X, L6Y, L6Z, L7A, L7B, L7C, L7E, L7G, L7J, L7L, L7M, L7N, L7P, L7R, L7S, L7T, L7V, L8E, L8G, L8H, L8J, L8K, L8L, L8M, L8N, L8P, L8R, L8S, L8T, L8V, L8W, L9A, L9B, L9C, L9G, L9H, L9J, L9K, L9L, L9N, L9P, L9T, M1B, M1C, M1E, M1G, M1H, M1J, M1K, M1L, M1M, M1N, M1P, M1R, M1S, M1T, M1V, M1W, M1X, M2H, M2J, M2K, M2L, M2M, M2N, M2P, M2R, M3A, M3B, M3C, M3H, M3J, M3K, M3L, M3M, M3N, M4A, M4B, M4C, M4E, M4G, M4H, M4J, M4K, M4L, M4M, M4N, M4P, M4R, M4S, M4T, M4V, M4W, M4X, M4Y, M5A, M5B, M5C, M5E, M5G, M5H, M5J, M5K, M5L, M5M, M5N, M5P, M5R, M5S, M5T, M5V, M5W, M5X, M6A, M6B, M6C, M6E, M6G, M6H, M6J, M6K, M6L, M6M, M6N, M6P, M6R, M6S, M7A, M8V, M8W, M8X, M8Y, M8Z, M9A, M9B, M9C, M9L, M9M, M9N, M9P, M9R, M9V, M9W, L1B|
|Trois-Rivieres||G8V, G8W, G8Y, G8Z, G9A, G9B, G9C, G9N, G9P, G9R, G9T, J3T, G8T|
|Vancouver||V2P, V2R, V2S, V2T, V2V, V2W, V2X, V2Y, V2Z, V3A, V3B, V3C, V3E, V3G, V3H, V3J, V3K, V3L, V3M, V3N, V3P, V3R, V3S, V3T, V3V, V3W, V3X, V3Y, V3Z, V4A, V4B, V4C, V4E, V4G, V4K, V4L, V4M, V4N, V4P, V4R, V4S, V4W, V4X, V5A, V5B, V5C, V5E, V5G, V5H, V5J, V5K, V5L, V5M, V5N, V5P, V5R, V5S, V5T, V5V, V5W, V5X, V5Y, V5Z, V6A, V6B, V6C, V6E, V6G, V6H, V6J, V6K, V6L, V6M, V6N, V6P, V6R, V6S, V6T, V6V, V6W, V6X, V6Y, V6Z, V7A, V7B, V7C, V7E, V7G, V7H, V7J, V7K, V7L, V7M, V7N, V7P, V7R, V7S, V7T, V7V, V7W, V7X, V7Y, V1M|
|Victoria||V8L, V8M, V8N, V8P, V8R, V8S, V8T, V8V, V8W, V8X, V8Y, V8Z, V9A, V9B, V9C, V9E, V9L, V8K|
|Victoriaville||G6R, G6S, G6T, G6P|
|Windsor\Leamington||N8M, N8N, N8P, N8R, N8S, N8T, N8V, N8W, N8X, N8Y, N9A, N9B, N9C, N9E, N9G, N9H, N9J, N9K, N9V, N9Y, N8H|
|Winnipeg||R2E, R2G, R2H, R2J, R2K, R2L, R2M, R2N, R2P, R2R, R2V, R2W, R2X, R2Y, R3A, R3B, R3C, R3E, R3G, R3H, R3J, R3K, R3L, R3M, R3N, R3P, R3R, R3S, R3T, R3V, R3W, R3X, R3Y, R4A, R4H, R4J, R5A, R2C|
Appendix C Release of Information under the Access to Information Act
The questions below are used during any review of information with respect to section 20(1) of the Access to Information Act.
Section 20(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act
- Is any information considered to be a "trade secret"?
- If so, in what way is the information a "trade secret"?
For a record to qualify as a trade secret it must meet all of the following requirements:
- it must consist of information;
- the information must be secret in an absolute or relative sense, that is, known only by one or a relatively small number of persons;
- the possessor of the information must demonstrate that they have acted with the intention to treat the information as secret;
- the information must be capable of industrial or commercial applications; and
- the possessor must have an interest (eg. an economic interest) worthy of legal protection.
Information or data not meeting the requirements of a "trade secret" may nevertheless qualify for exemption under other provisions applying to section 20(1).
Section 20(1)(b) of the Access to Information Act
- Is the information financial, commercial, scientific or technical information?
- Who provided the information to the department?
- Has the information been consistently treated as confidential?
- What measures have been taken to consistently treat the information as confidential?
- Is any information in the records publicly known or readily available upon request from the third party itself or another source?
Section 20(1)(c) of the Access to Information Act
- Could the disclosure of information reasonably be expected to result in material financial loss to you?
- Could the disclosure of the information reasonably be expected to result in material financial gain to someone else?
- In what way could there be a material financial loss or gain resulting from the disclosure of information?
- Could the disclosure of information prejudice your competitive position?
- Describe in what way there could be a prejudice to your competitive position by the disclosure of the information.
Section 20(1)(d) of the Access to Information Act
- Could the disclosure of the information reasonably be expected to interfere with contractual or other negotiations of your firm/company?
- If so, in what way?
- Are such contractual or other negotiations now underway or are they clearly expected in the near future?
Appendix D Information Related to Ownership and Control
- Incorporation documents
- 1.1 The incorporating documents, including any by-laws relating to control matters, for the company and any related holding company.
- 2.1 The details of the authorized and issued shares for each class of shares for the company and any holding company.
- 2.2 The details of the rights, privileges, restrictions and conditions of each class of shares for the company and any holding company.
- 2.3 The details of the beneficial ownership by Canadians (as defined in the Canadian Telecommunications Common Carrier Ownership and Control Regulations), and by non-Canadians, of each class of shares for the company and any holding company.
- The copies of all shareholder agreements for the company and any holding company.
- 3.1 The name and citizenship of each member of the board of directors of the company and any holding company.
- 3.2 The details of any agreements or arrangements related to the election of directors of the company and any holding company.
- 4.1 The name and citizenship of each officer, and office held, of each officer of the company and any holding company.
- 4.2 The details of any agreements or arrangements related to the appointment of officers of the company and any holding company.
- 5.1 The complete details of the financial structure of the company and any holding company, including the source of debt and equity financing.
- 6.1 Copies of any agreements between the company and any foreign partner or affiliate.
- 6.2 The details of any other agreement or arrangement which could affect whether the company or any holding company are or are not controlled in fact by Canadians.
- Date modified: