ARCHIVED — Gazette Notice No. SMSE-010-10
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Department of Industry
Notice No. SMSE-010-10 — CS-03, Part I, Issue 9, Amendment 4
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing Amendment 4 to Issue 9 of Compliance Specification (CS-03), Part I.
Changes in the new amendment include:
- update to the methods of measurement described in Section 184.108.40.206;
- inclusion of two (2) new methods of measurement
and their testing configurations to:
- verify the signal power level requirement for Data Circuit Terminal Equipment (TE), Section 3.4.3; and
- verify the requirement for the loop conditions of the TE through transmission (DC conditions), Section 3.4.4.
- deletion of the AC/DC voltage to ground measurements using 5 kohms resistor (R2), Section 2.3;
- extending the Ringing Source Limitations requirements to apply to all classes of OPS interfaces, Section 2.3.9; and
- deletion of the statement exempting tie trunk interface leads from the requirements of Section 220.127.116.11.
Amendment 4 to Issue 9 of CS-03, Part I, will come into effect upon publication of this notice.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days of the date of publication of this notice. Soon after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF), along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Director, Technical Regulation and Conformance, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title and the notice reference number (SMSE-010-10).
Copies of this notice and of the document referred to herein are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site at www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed at http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html. Printed copies of Canada Gazette can be ordered by telephoning the sales counter of Publishing and Depository Services at 613-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
November 26, 2010
Engineering, Planning and Standards Branch
- Date modified: