Gazette Notice No. SMSE-014-11
Department of Industry
Telecommunications Act and Radiocommunication Act
Notice No. SMSE–014–11 — CB–01, Issue 4, CB–02, Issue 6, DES–CB, Issue 3, and DES–LAB(E), Issue 5
Notice is hereby given that Industry Canada is releasing the following documents:
1. CB–01, Issue 4, Requirements for Certification Bodies;
2. CB–02, Issue 6, Recognition Criteria, and Administrative and Operational Requirements Applicable to Certification Bodies for the Certification of Radio Apparatus to Industry Canada's Standards and Specifications;
3. DES–CB, Issue 3, Procedure for the Designation of Canadian Certification Bodies (CB) by Industry Canada; and
4. DES–LAB(E), Issue 5, Procedure for Designation and Recognition of Canadian Testing Laboratories by Industry Canada.
The following changes have been introduced:
1. CB–01, Issue 4, has been updated to apply to both Canadian and foreign certification bodies (CBs), by moving existing requirements for foreign CBs from REC–CB into CB–01. This update consolidates the recognition procedures in a single document. With the release of this update, CB–01 will supersede REC–CB.
2. The Cross–Reference Checklist table, formerly in Appendix II of CB–01, Issue 3, has been moved to Annex A of CB–02, Issue 6. This will allow updates to CB–02 in the future without affecting CB–01. The table has also been updated with regard to the changes introduced in CB–02, Issue 6.
3. The product audit section of CB–02, Issue 6, has been updated to provide clarifications on audit requirements. This update clarifies how to calculate the number of products to be targeted for audit by the certification bodies within a calendar year.
4. References to ISO/IEC standards have been changed from specific editions to the latest editions in all the above documents.
5. Contact information for Industry Canada has been updated in all the above documents.
Interested parties should submit their comments within 75 days of the date of publication of this notice. Soon after the close of the comment period, all comments received will be posted on Industry Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Respondents are requested to provide their comments in electronic format (WordPerfect, Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, along with a note specifying the software, version number and operating system used.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Director, Technical Regulation and Conformance, Industry Canada, 300 Slater Street, 13th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C8.
All submissions should cite Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title and the notice reference number (SMSE–014–11).
Copies of this notice and of documents referred to herein are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at http://www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed at http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html. Printed copies of the Canada Gazette can be ordered by telephoning the sales counter of Publishing and Depository Services at 613-941-5995 or 1-800-635-7943.
September 19, 2011
Engineering, Planning and Standards Branch
- Date modified: