Final Policy and Licensing Procedures for the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands — Appendix 3
Appendix 3 – Application to Participate in the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands (continued)
Annex A – Tier 3 Areas Overlap
Where the local exchange area(s) of the applicant and/or its affiliates overlap more than 35% of the population
Check all that apply
|3-03||Main N.S./N.-É. cont|
|3-04||C. Breton/Cap Breton|
|3-08||Bas du fleuve/Gaspé|
|3-11||Cantons de l'Est|
|3-35||Sault Ste. Marie|
Annex B – Desired Initial Level of Eligibility Points and Required Pre-auction Deposit
By virtue of the spectrum aggregation limit outlined in the Policy and Licensing Procedures for the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands document, an incumbent local exchange carrier and/or its affiliates will not be permitted to bid on Licence A or Licence B in service areas in which more than 35% of the population is overlapped by the local exchange area(s) of the incumbent local exchange carrier and/or its affiliates. Beyond this, there are no licence-specific restrictions on any bidder for this auction. Therefore, Applicants do not need to identify particular licences on which they wish to bid. Aside from the prohibition on incumbent local exchange carriers and their affiliates bidding on Licence A or Licence B in certain service areas, as discussed above, all bidders will be able to submit bids on any licences for which they have a sufficient number of eligibility points.
Appendix 6 of the document Policy and Licensing Procedures for the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands lists all the licences available in this auction and the number of eligibility points associated with each licence. The total number of points for all 354 licences is 3852.
If you wish, for example, to be able to initially place bids simultaneously on all 354 licences, then you should enter 3852 in box (a) of section 9 of the Application Form and you should enter $9,630,000 (3852 * $2500) in box (b) of section 9 of the Application Form.
If you wish, for example, to be able to initially place bids on licence 3-01A only, then you should enter 24 in box (a) and you should enter $60,000 (24 * $2500) in box (b).
If you wish, for example, to be able to initially place bids simultaneously on all six Ottawa licences (licences 3-15A, 3-15B, 3-15C, 3-15D, 3-15E and 3-15F), then you should enter 144 (48+48+12+12+12+12) in box (a) and you should enter $360,000 (144 * $2500) in box (b).
If you wish, for example, to be able to initially place bids simultaneously on one of the two 400 MHz licences (licence A or licence B) in each of Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon (service areas 3-41, 3-42 and 3-43), then you should enter 48 (16+8+24) in box (a) and you should enter $120,000 (48 * $2500) in box (b).
Annex C – Elements of the Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit
The irrevocable standby letter of credit shall be issued by a financial institution ("Issuer") which is a member of the Canadian Payments Association and shall:
- provide for a face amount in accordance with the deposit amount required in the rules and policies laid out in the document Policy and Licensing Procedures for the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands ("24/38 GHz Auction");
- provide for sight payment to the Receiver General for Canada ("Beneficiary") by way of Issuer's draft against presentation of a written demand for payment, signed by the Assistant Deputy Minister, Spectrum, Information Technologies and Telecommunications, Industry Canada or the Director General, Radiocommunications and Broadcasting Regulations, certifying that the Applicant
- owes monies as a result of being standing high bidder on a licence or licences at the close of the 24/38 GHz Auction, or
- owes penalties at the close of the 24/38 GHz Auction, or
- owes monies as a result of being standing high bidder on a licence or licences at the close of the 24/38 GHz Auction and owes penalties at the close of the 24/38 GHz Auction;
- provide that the Issuer shall honour the Beneficiary's demand for payment on sight without inquiring whether the Beneficiary has a right as between itself and the Applicant to such payment;
- provide that it is subject to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits, 1993 Revision, Publication No. 500;
- provide that more than one written demand for payment may be presented subject to the sum of those demands not exceeding the face amount of the Letter of Credit; and
- provide that the Letter of Credit shall expire on June 30, 2000, if not drawn upon on or before that date.
Annex D – Designated Bidders
The department recommends that each applicant ensure that it has back-up capabilities by designating three separate individuals to place bids on its behalf. The three individuals will be issued separate software and codes to participate in the auction. Information on the three designated bidders should be entered below. It is strongly recommended that each applicant thoroughly review the back-up recommendations provided in section 6.8 of the Policy and Licensing Procedures for the Auction of the 24 and 38 GHz Frequency Bands document.
(a) Designated Bidder No. 1
(b) Designated Bidder No. 2
(c) Designated Bidder No. 3
- Date modified: