Deemed Transfer of Spectrum Licences Held by Public Mobile Inc. to TELUS Communications Inc.
October 23, 2013
1. On October 2, 2013, Public Mobile and TELUS submitted a joint application to Industry Canada, for the approval of a Deemed Transfer of Public Mobile’s four (4) spectrum licences in Ontario and Quebec, as set out in Annex A.
2. The proposed transaction triggers an assessment under the Framework Relating to Transfers, Divisions and Subordinate Licensing of Spectrum Licences for Commercial Mobile Spectrum (Transfers Framework).
3. The Deemed Transfer of the spectrum licences from Public Mobile to TELUS, as set out in Annex A, is approved.
4. The Deemed Transfer was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in the Transfers Framework.
5. Industry Canada notes that the transaction will result in a modest increase in spectrum concentration by the incumbents. However, considering current technological incompatibilities related to the available equipment ecosystems for the Personal Communications Service (PCS) G Block, the Department has determined that the Deemed Transfer of these spectrum licences would not significantly impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide service.
|Tier||Service Area Name||Personal Communications Service (PCS) Block||Licence Number|
|2-006||Eastern Ontario & Outaouais||G||5080661|
- Date modified: