Transfer of Spectrum Licence Held by Silo Wireless Inc. (Silo) to Xplornet Broadband Inc. (Xplornet)
Posted on Industry Canada website: May 23, 2014
1. On April 14, 2014, Silo and Xplornet submitted a joint application to Industry Canada for the approval of a Transfer of Silo’s spectrum licence for Strathroy, Ontario, in the 2300 MHz Wireless Communication Service (WCS) band, as set out in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC 2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this transfer decision have the meaning set out in CPC 2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of the spectrum licence from Silo to Xplornet, as set out in Annex A, is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the transaction will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the Transfer of this spectrum licence would not significantly impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide service in the relevant area.
|Tier||Service Area Name||Wireless Communication Services (WCS) Block||Licence Number|
- Date modified: