Deemed Transfer of Spectrum Licences Held by O.N. Tel Inc. Operating as Ontera (ONtel) to Bell Aliant Regional Communications Inc. (Bell Aliant)
Posted on Industry Canada website: October 1, 2014
Deemed Transfer Decision
1. On April 15, 2014, Ontario Northland Transportation Commission, as sole shareholder of O.N. Tel Inc. operating as Ontera, and Bell Aliant Regional Communications Inc. jointly submitted a request to Industry Canada for approval of a Deemed Transfer of one cellular spectrum licence, three Personal Communications Services (PCS) spectrum licences and one Wireless Communication Service (WCS) spectrum licence as set out in Annex A (the "Licences").
2. The proposed transaction triggers an assessment under Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services, which incorporates the Framework Relating to Transfers, Divisions and Subordinate Licensing of Spectrum Licences for Commercial Mobile Spectrum.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this transfer decision have the meaning set out in CPC 2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the Licences from O.N. Tel to Bell Aliant is approved.
5. The Deemed Transfer request was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the transaction will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence areas.
7. The Department has determined that the Deemed Transfer of the Licences would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide service in the relevant areas, as other incumbents and non-incumbents hold spectrum capable of being deployed, although non-incumbents have yet to do so.
|Tier||Service Area Name||Spectrum (MHz)||Licence Number|
|TEL-037||Temagami, Iroquois Falls, Moosonee||Cellular||5113723|
|TEL-037||Temagami, Iroquois Falls, Moosonee||Personal Communications Services (PCS)
|TEL-062||Cochrane||Personal Communications Services (PCS)
|TEL-071||North Eastern Ontario||Personal Communications Services (PCS)
|4-098||Parry Sound||Wireless Communication Service (WCS)
- Date modified: