Licence Transfer Decision
1. On October 17, 2014, Industry Canada received a joint application from Inukshuk and Bell requesting the transfer of two Broadband Radio Service (BRS) spectrum licences, as set out in Annex A (the “Licences”). The Licences are in the Lower St. Lawrence and Gaspésie service area.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Licence Transfer from Inukshuk to Bell is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that Inukshuk is a partnership between Bell and Rogers Communications Partnership, with each owning a 50% partnership interest. As the Licences would continue to be controlled by Bell post-transfer, the transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the requested transfer of these spectrum licences will not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services given that there will be no change in the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
Annex A — Spectrum Licences to be Transferred from Inukshuk Wireless Partnership (Inukshuk) to Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell)
|Licence Number||Tier Area||Service Area Name||Province||Expiry Date|
|5155872||3-008||Lower St. Lawrence/Gaspésie||QC||March 31, 2021|
|5155869||3-008||Lower St. Lawrence/Gaspésie||QC||March 31, 2021|