1. On October 29, 2014, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a Subordinate Licence in the cellular band to Ice Wireless Inc. (Ice Wireless) for two small 30 km radius subdivisions of licence number 5113322 issued to Rogers Communications Partnership (Rogers) (Tier 3-52 and Tier 3-56). These subdivisions are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Subordinate Licence application received from Rogers and Ice Wireless described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between Rogers and Ice Wireless and notes that Rogers retains control of the spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this Subordinate Licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence areas and allows Ice Wireless to provide commercial mobile services in these small areas. The Department has determined that the Subordinate Licence would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
|Licence Number||Subordinate Licence Expiry Date||Subordinate Licence Frequency Range (MHz)||Subordinate Licence Geographic Area|
|5113322||June 30, 2023||824.0-829.0 MHz
|30 km radius from the following
coordinates for CRT Camp:
50 37 44 72 N
123 23 33 88 W
30 km radius from the
following coordinates for QR Mine:
52 40 18 27 N
121 47 27 50 W