1. On October 31, 2014, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a subordinate licence in the cellular band to Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell) relating to the primary licence issued to CityWest Cable and Telephone Corp. (CityWest) in Prince Rupert, British Columbia. This licence is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between CityWest and Bell and notes that CityWest retains control of the spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this subordinate licence does not have a significant impact on the overall spectrum concentration in the relevant licence area and enables Bell to continue to use Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology to offer services in TEL-047. The Department has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services in the area in question.
|Licence Number||Subordinate Licence Expiry Date||Licence Area||Service Area Name||Frequency Range (MHz)|
|5164051||June 1, 2016||TEL-047||Prince Rupert, British Columbia||835.0-845.0 MHz to 880.0-890.0 MHz
846.5-849.0 MHz to 891.5-894.0 MHz