1. On January 16, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a Subordinate Licence in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS) band, from Bragg Communications Inc. (Bragg) to Tbaytel, for a subdivision of licence #5075245 in Tier 2-09 (Northern Ontario). The Licence is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC-2‑1‑23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Subordinate Licence application received from Bragg and Tbaytel described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between Bragg and Tbaytel, and notes that Bragg retains control of the spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this Subordinate Licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area and allows Tbaytel to provide Long-Term Evolution (LTE) services in Northern Ontario. The Department has determined that the Subordinate Licence would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
Annex A — Spectrum Licence Included in the Subordinate Licence Application From Bragg Communications Inc. to Tbaytel
|Primary Licence Number||Subordinate Licence Expiry Date||Subordinate Licence Frequency Range (MHz)||Subordinate Licence Geographic Area|
|5075245||December 14, 2018||
Tier 3-35 (Sault
Ste. Marie): Excludes area south of the Montreal River, Sault Ste. Marie, and
areas east of Sault Ste. Marie.
Tier 3-36 (Sudbury): Area along Highway 101 from Chapleau, Ontario, south to licence boundary. Includes Chapleau, Ontario.
Tier 3-38 (Thunder Bay): Entire licence area.