1. On January 30, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of two Subordinate Licences in the 2.3 GHz band, known as the Wireless Communications Services (WCS) band, to Silo Wireless (Silo) of licence numbers 5172311 and 5172310 held by Canadian Spectrum Holding Corporation (CSHC) (Tier 4-080 and Tier 4-088). These licences are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Subordinate Licence application received from CSHC and Silo described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between CSHC and Silo and notes that CSHC retains control of the spectrum licences.
7. Approval of these Subordinate Licences does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence areas and allows Silo to deploy broadband Internet services in these small areas. The Department has determined that the Subordinate Licences would not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
Annex A — Spectrum Licences Included in the Subordinate Licence Application From Canadian Spectrum Holding Corporation to Silo Wireless Inc.
|Licence Number||Subordinate Licence Expiry Date||Subordinate Licence Frequency Range (MHz)||Subordinate Licence Geographic Area|
|5172311||June 23, 2024||2305-2320 MHz
|Fergus, Ontario - 476 km2|
|5172310||June 23, 2024||2305-2320 MHz
|Stratford, Ontario - 926 km2|