Posted on Industry Canada website: June 12, 2015
1. On March 2, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the transfer of three licences in the 800 MHz band, known as the Cellular band, to Groupe Maskatel GP Inc. (Maskatel). These licences are held by La Compagnie de Téléphone de St-Victor, La Compagnie de Téléphone Upton Inc. and Le Téléphone de St-Éphrem, and cover small areas east of Montréal in southern Quebec. Annex A describes the licences.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The transfer application received from Maskatel described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the licences are in rural areas with small populations and that they are being transferred from three small companies to another small company.
7. The Department has determined that the requested transfer will not impact the ability of existing and future competitors to provide services given that there will be no change in the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence areas.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Licence Area||Service Area Name|
|Note: All licences are in the 800 MHz band (the Cellular band).|
|5113285||March 31, 2031||TEL-09||St-Victor|
|5113286||March 31, 2031||TEL-11||Acton|
|5113287||March 31, 2031||TEL-12||St-Éphrem|