Deemed Transfer Decision
1. On June 12, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the Deemed Transfer of a subdivision of a spectrum licence in the Wireless Communication Service (WCS) band in Tier 4-092, in rural southern Ontario, from 1125139 Ontario Inc. (operating as Chatham Internet Access and referred to hereinafter as Chatham) to Xplornet Communications Inc. (Xplornet). The licence is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the licence from Chatham to Xplornet is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the Deemed Transfer will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
7. The Department has determined that the requested Deemed Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range
|5176769||April 18, 2024||2305-2320 |
|Subdivision of Tier 4-092|