Decision Regarding the Subordinate Licence
1. On June 5, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a subordinate licence in the Cellular band, from Rogers Communications Partnership (Rogers) to Tbaytel, relating to two small subdivisions of licence #5113314 in Tier 2-09 (Northern Ontario). This licence is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Rogers and Tbaytel described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between Rogers and Tbaytel and notes that Rogers retains control of the spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this subordinate licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence areas and allows Tbaytel to enhance its network in these rural areas of Northern Ontario. The Department has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range
|5113314||December 31, 2021||825.0-829.9|
|Two small subdivisions of Tier 2-09|