Decision Regarding the Subordinate Licence
1. On July 2, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a subordinate licence in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS-1) band in Tier 2-08 (Southern Ontario), from Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Wireless Inc. (Mobilicity), which is an affiliate of Rogers Communications Partnership (Rogers), to WIND Mobile Corp. (WIND), relating to licence number 5177924. This licence is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Mobilicity and WIND described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Approval of this subordinate licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area, and allows WIND to transition its customers to alternate spectrum that WIND has recently acquired. The subordinate licence is only for a short-term period, expiring on December 29, 2015. The Department has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the relevant area.
|Primary Licence Number||Subordinate Expiry Date||Subordinate Frequency Range
|Subordinate Geographic Area|
|5177924||December 29, 2015||1720-1725|