Deemed Transfer Decision
1. On June 5, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the Deemed Transfer of two spectrum licences held by North Frontenac Telephone Corporation (North Frontenac) following a change of ownership of the company. The licences are in the Cellular and Personal Communications Services (PCS) bands in the TEL-35 service area and are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this Decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the licences held by North Frontenac is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that the Deemed Transfer Request was made in the context of a change in ownership. The new owners (229385 Ontario Limited, Ivest Corporation Inc. and London Publishing Corp.) have indicated that they intend to carry on managing the business as it is currently run and therefore approval of the Deemed Transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the requested Deemed Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that there will be no change in the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range
|5113346||March 31, 2031||835-845|
|5162910||March 31, 2031||1865-1870 |