Notice No. SMSE-001-16 — Release of Revised Broadcasting Procedures and Rules
Notice is hereby given that Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada is releasing the following Broadcasting Procedures and Rules (BPR):
- BPR-1, Issue 7, Part 1: General Rules;
- BPR-2, Issue 3, Part 2: Application Procedures and Rules for AM Broadcasting Undertakings;
- BPR-3, Issue 6, Part 3: Application Procedures and Rules for FM Broadcasting Undertakings;
- BPR-4, Issue 3, Part 4: Application Procedures and Rules for Television Broadcasting Undertakings;
- BPR-9, Issue 3, Part 9: Application Procedures and Rules for Terrestrial S-DARS (Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service) Undertakings; and
- BPR-10, Issue 2, Part 10: Application Procedures and Rules for Digital Television (DTV) Undertakings.
The above documents prescribe the information required in applications for broadcasting certificates, and specify the technical standards and requirements as well as the operational terms and conditions that apply to broadcasting undertakings.
The Broadcasting Procedures and Rules consist of six parts. Part 1 sets out the technical requirements and application procedures common to all broadcasting undertakings. Parts 2, 3, 4, 9 and 10 set out specific requirements for AM, FM, analog TV, terrestrial S-DARS and digital TV broadcasting undertakings, respectively.
These documents have been coordinated with industry through the Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC).
Interested parties are requested to submit their comments within 120 days of the date of publication of this notice in electronic format (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) to the Manager, Broadcast and Multimedia Engineering (email@example.com).
All submissions received by the close of the comment period will be posted on Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
All submissions must cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, the publication date, the title and the notice reference number (SMSE-001-16).
Copies of this notice and of documents referred to herein are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications website at www.ic.gc.ca/spectrum.
Official versions of Canada Gazette notices can be viewed at www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html.
February 22, 2016
Engineering, Planning and Standards Branch
Spectrum Management Operations Branch