1. On July 16, 2015, WIND Mobile Corp. (WIND) and Saskatchewan Telecommunications (SaskTel)submitted an application to Industry Canada for the Transfer of six spectrum licences in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS-1) band in Saskatchewan(the Licences) from WIND to SaskTel. The Licences are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this Decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of Licences described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Industry Canada notes that competitors in the affected licence areas hold a mix of commercial mobile spectrum capable of supporting a Long-Term Evolution (LTE) ecosystem.
7. The Department also notes that the requested Licence Transfers involve spectrum that is not currently being used to provide services and will provide an opportunity for SaskTel to put such spectrum to use for the benefit of all Canadians.
8. The Licence Transfers will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence areas.
9. The Department has determined that the requested Licence Transfers will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the affected licence areas.
|Reference ID*||Expiry Date||Frequency Range
|* Licences have been migrated to Industry Canada’s new spectrum management software and legacy licence numbers are identified as Reference ID.|
|5079791||March 12, 2019||1740-1745|
|5079792||March 12, 2019||1740-1745|
|5079793||March 12, 2019||1740-1745|
|5177826||September 1, 2019||1735-1740|
|5177827||September 1, 2019||1735-1740|
|5177828||September 1, 2019||1735-1740|