Posted on August 27, 2015
Decision Regarding the Subordinate Licence
- 1. On July 15, 2015, Industry Canada received an application for the issuance of a Subordinate Licence in the 2300 MHz band, known as the Wireless Communications Service (WCS) band, to Core Broadband Inc. regarding licence number 5172313 held by Canadian Spectrum Holding Corporation (CSHC) in Tier 4-096. This licence is described in Annex A.
- 2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
- 3. The capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
- 4. The Subordinate Licence application received from CSHC and Core Broadband Inc. described above is approved.
- 5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and the criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
- 6. Industry Canada has reviewed the agreement between CSHC and Core Broadband Inc., and notes that CSHC retains control of the spectrum licence.
- 7. Approval of this Subordinate Licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area and allows Core Broadband Inc. to deploy broadband Internet services in this small area. The Department has determined that the Subordinate Licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the relevant area.
|Licence Number||Subordinate Licence Expiry Date||Subordinate Licence Frequency Range (MHz)||Subordinate Licence Geographic Area|
|5172313||June 23, 2024||2305-2320