D — Flight Training Station
Conditions of Licence
- Communication between aeronautical and aircraft stations shall be restricted to the handling of messages containing:
- instructions essential to flight training and other such information as may be intended solely to facilitate the expeditious and efficient operation of aircraft;
- information concerning conditions of runways or landing strips, weather reports, availability of refueling and maintenance facilities where no facilities are authorized to perform this service.
- All necessary communications destined for NAV CANADA radio shall be carried out directly with such facilities rather than through flight training stations.
- Point-to-point communication and handling of messages related to airport or area traffic control are not permitted.
- The licensee must ensure that radio operators or persons entrusted with the apparatus hold appropriate certificates of proficiency in radio.
Date of last revision: April 12, 2012.
- Date modified: