Posted on March 3, 2016
1. On November 12, 2015, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada received an application for the transfer of all spectrum licences currently held by Rogers Communications Partnership (RCP) and Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Wireless Inc. (Mobilicity) to Rogers Cable and Data Centres Inc. (RCDCI), which will subsequently be named Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (RCCI). The licences are summarized in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer of Licences from RCP and Mobilicity to RCCI is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada notes that the transfer request was made in the context of an internal reorganization and will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. The Department has determined that the requested Licence Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services, given that there will be no change in the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence areas.
|Band||Number of Licences||Expiry Dates|
|Mobile Broadband Service (MBS)||22||02/04/2034|
|Personal Communication Service (PCS)||37||31/03/2031
|Advanced Wireless Service (AWS-1)||61||21/12/2018
|Broadband Radio Service (BRS)||114||31/03/2021
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range (MHz)||Geographic Area|