Posted on May 12, 2016
- On December 10, 2015, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received a two‑step application for the transfer of one spectrum licence in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS‑1) band, first from Alo Mobile Inc. (Alo Mobile) to International Telehop Network Systems Inc. (International Telehop) (as part of an internal reorganization), then from International Telehop to Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell). The licence is in Tier 3‑024 (Huntsville, Ontario) and is described in Annex A.
- The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC 2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
- Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
- The overall Transfer of the Licence from Alo Mobile to Bell is approved.
- The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC 2-1-23.
- ISED notes that the Licence Transfer will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
- The Department has determined that the requested Licence Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post‑transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range (MHz)||Geographic Area|
|5082847||December 14, 2018||1735‑1740