Posted on December 8, 2016
1. On July 8, 2016, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of one spectrum licence in the personal communications services (PCS) band from Lynx Mobility Inc. (Lynx) to ECOTEL Inc. (ECOTEL) and to subordinate a subdivided area back to Lynx. The licence is located in tier 4‑066 (Chibougamau) and is described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC‑2‑1‑23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC‑2‑1‑23.
4. The transfer of the licence from Lynx to ECOTEL and the subsequent subordinate licence to Lynx are approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC‑2‑1‑23.
6. ISED notes that the licence transfer will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
7. The Department has determined that the requested licence transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post‑transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010285203‑001||March 31, 2031||1900‑1905