Posted on February 2, 2017
Deemed transfer decision
1. On November 2, 2016, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the deemed transfer of two spectrum licences in the Cellular band and two spectrum licences in the Personal Communication Services (PCS) band from Nexicom Mobility Limited (Nexicom) to 2528457 Ontario Limited (2528457 Ontario). The licences are in TEL-033 (Millbrook, Ontario) and TEL-034 (Keene, Ontario) and are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The deemed transfer of licences from Nexicom to 2528457 Ontario is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the deemed licence transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration in the licence areas.
7. The Department has determined that the requested deemed licence transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Lower Frequency Range (MHz)||Upper Frequency Range (MHz)||Geographic Area|