1. On January 30, 2017, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of two spectrum licences in the Broadband Radio Service (BRS) band from Xplornet Communications Inc. (Xplornet) to Terrestar Solutions Inc. (Terrestar). The licences are in Tier 3-039 (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and Tier 3-040 (Brandon, Manitoba) and are described in Annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23,Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The transfer of licences from Xplornet Communications Inc. to Terrestar Solutions Inc. is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in Section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the licence transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration in the licence areas.
7. The Department has determined that the requested licence transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence Number||Expiry Date||Frequency Range (MHz)||Spectrum (MHz)||Geographic Area|
|010285237-002||31/03/2021||2595 - 2605||10||3-039||Winnipeg|
|010284681-002||31/03/2021||2595 - 2605||10||3-040||Brandon|