1. On May 25, 2016, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the issuance of a subordinate licence in Saskatchewan in the 700 MHz band to Saskatchewan Telecommunications (SaskTel) from Bell Mobility Inc. (Bell). Additional information was provided on November 18, 2016. The primary licence is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Bell to SaskTel described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED has reviewed the agreement between Bell and SaskTel and notes that for the subordinate licence requested, the primary licensee retains control of its spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this subordinate licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area, and allows SaskTel access to additional commercial mobile spectrum. ISED has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Area description|
|010282877-001||April 2, 2034||751 - 756
782 - 787