Posted on the ISED website: April 13, 2017
Decision regarding the subordinate licences
1. On February 15, 2017, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the issuance of a subordinate licence in the Personal Communications Services (PCS) band for several communities in the Schefferville area of Northern Quebec, between Ecotel Inc. (Ecotel) and Naskapi Imuun Inc. (Naskapi Imuun). The primary licence is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The subordinate licence application from Ecotel and Naskapi Imuun described above is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED has reviewed the agreement between Ecotel and Naskapi Imuun and notes that for the subordinate licence requested, the primary licensee retains control of its spectrum licence.
7. Approval of this subordinate licence does not change the overall distribution of spectrum holdings in the relevant licence area, and allows Naskapi Imuun access to commercial mobile spectrum. The Department has determined that the subordinate licence would not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the relevant areas.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Area description|
|010285203-002||March 31, 2031||1900 - 1905
1980 - 1985