1. On November 28, 2016, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received a multi-step application for the transfer of one spectrum licence in the Advanced Wireless Services (AWS-1) band, from 9230-7677 Québec Inc. (Vidéotron), a Quebecor Media Inc. (Quebecor) affiliate, through a series of Quebecor affiliate companies to Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (Rogers). The licence is in Tier 3-025 (Toronto, Ontario) and is described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC‑2‑1‑23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC‑2‑1‑23.
4. The overall Transfer of Licence from Vidéotron to Rogers is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC‑2‑1‑23.
6. ISED notes that the Licence Transfer will not result in a significant change in spectrum concentration in the licence area.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Licence Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post-transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence area.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010283455-001||December 22, 2018||
|Tier 3-025 Toronto|