Licence transfer and deemed transfer decision
1. On July 13, 2017, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the transfer of commercial mobile spectrum licences held by Groupe Maskatel GP Inc. (Maskatel GP) to Birch Hill Telecom Corp. (Birch Hill Telecom) and the deemed transfer as a result of a proposed internal reorganization of the Birch Hill group of companies. The Licences are described in annex A.
2. The Transfer of licences and Deemed Transfer application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Transfer and subsequent Deemed Transfer of the licences held by Maskatel GP are approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Licence Transfer and subsequent Deemed Transfer will not result in any change in spectrum concentration.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Transfers will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services in the affected licence areas.
|Licence||Expiry date||Area||Area description||Service||Lower frequency range (MHz)||Upper frequency range (MHz)|
|010285003-001||March 31, 2031||TEL-011||Acton||CELL||835||845||880||890|
|010287019-001||March 31, 2031||TEL-009||Saint-Victor||CELL||835||845||880||890|
|010287355-001||March 31, 2031||TEL-012||Saint-Éphrem||CELL||835||845||880||890|
|010287877-001||March 31, 2031||TEL-015||Sainte-Rosalie, Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil||CELL||835||845||880||890|