Table of Contents
Punctuation: Do not put commas or periods in with your search words; they are ignored.
Non alphanumeric characters: / and - are kept in the text index. All other non-alphabetic and non-numeric characters are ignored.
Phrases: to search for a phrase of several words, use double quotation marks. For example, "electric transformer".
- word1 <operator> word2
- word1 <ORDER> <operator> word2
- word1 <operator> word2 <operator> word3 ...
- robot <near> arm
- wrist <sentence> hollow
- wrist <near/5> pin <near/5> hollow
- fiberglass <near> covering
- rotating <order> <sentence> armature
- cpu <or> processor
- market <and> survey
- (silane <or> organopolysiloxane) < and > silicium
- computer <and> <not> mainframe
- algorithm <or> title
- junction <and> (title, abstract, claims)
- fire* will match fire, fires, fireman, firefighter, etc.
- ?am will match cam, ram, jam, etc.
- Wickr* <near> Kumar
- golf ball
- Searches for the phrase "golf ball" in all fields of the patent index.
- "golf ball" <or> "golf tee"
- Searches for patents with either the phrase "golf ball" or "golf tee."
- "golf ball" <in> title
- Searches for the phrase "golf ball" in the title of the patent.
- ("golf ball" <and> <not> practice) <in> title
- Searches for patents with the phrase "golf ball", but do not have the word "practice" in the title.
- "golf ball" <in> title <and> juhas <in> inventor
- Searches for patents with the phrase "golf ball" in the title and the name "juhas" in the inventor field.
- "input/output" <near> connectivity
- Searches for patents with the phrase "input/output" along with the word "connectivity" in any of the text fields.
- ("walker mark" <in> inventor ) <and> (switch box <in> title)
- Searches for patents where "Mark Walker" was the inventor and the word "switch box" appears in the title. When searching for names, use the last name followed by the first name.
- Date modified: