Innovative Solutions Canada
The Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) is now Innovative Solutions Canada's new Testing Stream.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get notifications about upcoming funding opportunities, and to stay up to date on program changes.
Accelerate your journey to market
Innovative Solutions Canada helps Canadian innovators by funding R&D and testing prototypes in real-life settings.
We have two streams with a combined funding of over $140 million dedicated to Canadian innovators who want to start, grow, and get to market.
Working with bold innovators is our business.
Participating federal departments and agencies will issue public challenges designed around a desired outcome rather than a known product or process specification and will be based on each department's mission and mandate. The challenge will be novel where there is currently no solution(s) in the marketplace.
- Fuel the development and adoption of technological innovation in Canada.
- Grow Canadian companies through direct funding to support early stage, pre-commercial research and development, late stage prototypes, and to accelerate commercialization.
- Encourage procurement from companies led by under-represented groups, such as women, Indigenous, youth, disabled individuals, LGBTQ+ and others.
- Foster greater industry-research collaboration through the release of challenges for solutions that address key Government of Canada priorities.
- Provide federal departments and agencies with opportunities to develop new capabilities to meet their research and development needs and thereby advance government priorities.
Subscribe here to find out when challenges open.
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (International): 613-954-5031
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Date modified: