Co-operatives in Canada
Co-operative businesses have an important economic role to play in generating jobs and growth in communities across Canada. Existing in every sector of the economy, co-operatives provide needed infrastructure, goods and services to over 8 million members and jobs to more than 95,000 Canadians.
- Information Guide on Co-operatives
Everything you need to know about co-operatives, types of cooperatives and other frequently asked questions.
- Creating and maintaining a co-operative
Creating, operating and making changes to a cooperative in Canada.
- Kinds of co-operatives
Examples and the differences between the various kinds of co-operatives.
- Research data and reports about co-operatives in Canada
Top 50 Canadian co-operatives, annual reports and more.
- Programs and services available to co-operatives
Resources for creating a business with a democratic structure.
In the news
- April 5, 2019: Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada releases report on M-100 consultations
- April 5, 2018: Federal government committed to important role of co-operatives in Canada
- What we heard: Motion-100 consultations
- Co-operatives in Canada 2015
- Co-operatives in Canada 2013
- New Incorporations of Non-Financial Co-operatives, 2009–2017
- Total Incorporated Non-Financial Co-operatives, 2009–2017
- Date modified: